Legal Info and Disclosure
FTC Disclosures and Affiliate Information
inscribd.com website references the work and products of several affiliate sites and partners. If we include a link to products or services that we may receive financial benefit, the article will link directly to this page to offer this disclosure. If a visitor was to click through affiliate links and make a purchase, our parent companyZip Labsmay receive a small commission as a part of an affiliate program.
Inscribd is committed to the privacy of our users. We have developed this policy to disclose the information gathering and dissemination practices for this site.
We collect certain information from members for site login and administrative functions.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here
Security measures are in place to protect against loss, alteration, or misuse of data collected. Members are responsible for ensuring that only they or their authorized agents utilize their accounts. Suspected incidents of unauthorized use of a member account should be reported immediately.
This site contains links to resources outside the Inscribd web site. We not responsible for the content of those sites.
Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any Content to the site. The site name ‘Inscribd’ referred to herein includes it’s parent company and subsidiaries.
By registering an account with Inscribd, you become a ‘member’.
By posting written or graphical content to Inscribd, including your email address, you become a ‘member’.
Content Submitted Or Made Available For Inclusion On The Service
User submitted content may come in the form of comments, testimonials and other written material. By submitting content to the site you are granting Inscribd a worldwide, Non exclusive license to use the content and are representing and warranting to Inscribd that the content is owned or duly licensed by you, and that Inscribd is free to publish, distribute and use the content as hereinafter provided for without obtaining permission or license from any third party.
In consideration of Inscribd’s agreement to allow you to post Content to the Site and Inscribd’s agreement to publish such Content and for other valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby expressly and irrevocably acknowledged, you agree with Inscribd as follows:
You acknowledge that:
- By posting Content to the Site you hereby grant to Inscribd a non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content in connection with the Services. This license will exist for the period during which the Content is posted on the Site and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the Content from the Site;
- The license granted to Inscribd includes the right to use your Content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute your Content to other parties, web-sites, applications, printed material, and other entities, provided such Content is attributed to you in accordance with the credits (i.e. username, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, all as submitted to Inscribd by you;
- Subject to the terms of the foregoing license, you retain full ownership or other rights in your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Content.
You represent and warrant that:
- You are the owner of all rights, including all copy rights in and to all Content you submit to the site;
- You have the full and complete right to enter into this agreement and to grant to Inscribd the rights in the Content herein granted, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to any other person in connection with the use by Inscribd of the Content as contemplated herein; and
- The Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.
- You shall not have any right to terminate the permissions granted herein, nor to seek, obtain, or enforce any injunctive or other equitable relief against Inscribd, all of which such rights are hereby expressly and irrevocably waived by you in favour of Inscribd.
You release Inscribd from any liability associated with your membership or contribution to this website and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Inscribd, its parent corporation, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to Inscribd website; (ii) your violation of any term of these policies; (iii) any violation within your contributions or posts of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; (iv) any claim from any third party relating to or arising from your contribution; or (v) any claim that your contribution violates any law, rule or regulation. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the termination of the service, changes to these policies and your use of the Inscribd website.
By registering for membership with Inscribd, whether you have contributed or not, you explicitly agree to these Terms.